PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO REVIEW THE CURRENT STATUS AND ANY POSITIVE TEAM MEMBERS/RESIDENTS at OAKLAND HEIGHTS – This was updated on 6/6//2023
The health and safety of our residents, guests, and employees is our top priority. Our entire team has been working tirelessly throughout this pandemic to enhance the lives of those entrusted to our care.
CDC/CMS Updated Guidance related to visitation at Oakland Heights:
We continue to strive to make visitation as enjoyable as possible while still complying with infection control guidance for COVID-19 as published by the CDC and the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services. We would like to inform you of these recent changes and expectations for visitation:
- We will no longer require you to screen at the entrance of our facility. All visitors should follow the signage placed at the front entrance to determine if a mask is required or optional. Please follow the infection control guidelines posted at all times. If you have any questions at all do not hesitate to check with the charge nurse at the nurses station before proceeding.
- Oakland Heights will you wastewater management to determine if we need to mask or if masks are optional. This information will be posted at the entrance of the facility.
- If you have COVID, have been exposed to COVID or are symptomatic, please refrain from visiting for 10 days from the onset of the symptoms.
- When the facility is in outbreak testing (recent positive team member or resident identified) the visitors will be appraised of the risk (signage on the door at the entrance) to them with the visitation to occur in the residents room while wearing a face mask and appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times. The Charge Nurse or designee will assist you as needed. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
- It is not recommended that residents have visitors if they are in isolation for either a recent COVID infection or a significant exposure until they have been cleared.
Our process is to help facilitate a better visitation experience for you and our residents while still protecting everyone from COVID. We will keep you posted by the signage at the front entrance of the facility. This will be our guide for the wearing of face covering for our team members and visitors. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding our visitation policy or any other concerns you have while visiting Oakland Heights. Thank you again for your support during some of the most challenging times.
We will continue to use our website; www.oaklandhgts.com to provide up to date information going forward. If you do not have access to our website, please contact me directly and I will make sure to continue sending updates via mail or by your preference or wishes. My email: email@example.com
Please feel free to call me with any concerns you may have. I can be reached in the office at 402-685-5683 Monday through Friday or via email any time at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6/2/2023 @ 5:35pm – Oakland Heights is no longer in outbreak status. All residents and staff are negative for COVID at this point. Please follow the signage at the front entrance to determine if you must wear a mask or if masks are optional.
- 5/25/2023 @10:03am – There were no additional positive residents or staff members during outbreak testing today. All residents and staff members are out of isolation/quarantine but we remain in the same source control until we clear 14 days from the last positive test.
- 5/22/2023 @9:40am – There were no additional positive residents or staff members during outbreak testing. All residents are now out of isolation.
- 5/18/2023 @4:22pm – There were no additional positive residents or team members during our outbreak testing. Please continue to follow instructions on front entrance and signage regarding infection control practices. We will continue to complete outbreak testing 14 days from our last positive resident/staff member.
- 5/15/2023 @ 7:48am – No additional residents tested positive for COVID. There were, however, three additional team members (14 total) who did test positive. We are continuing to follow CDC guidelines on source control and ask ALL visitors to follow the instructions on the front entrance and practice hand hygiene as well. If you have any questions or concerns about the process please feel free to call the facility and ask for Kaylee Magill, David Deemer or ask to speak with the Charge Nurse. We will provide additional instructions if needed.
- 5/12/2023 @ 9:08am – We had three additional residents test positive for COVID since our 5/10 testing date (total 17 residents). We also had two additional team members (11 total to date).
- 5/10/2023 @8:03am – We an additional positive resident (now total of 14) and 2 additional team members (9 total to date) after testing today. All employees remain in a N95 and visitors will also be asked to do the same. Please refrain from visiting if it’s not necessary but if you must, please stop at the nurses station for additional education before entering resident rooms.
- 5/9/2023 @4:06pm – We had an additional resident test positive last evening (5/8) and two additional residents test positive today. In addition, five employees tested positive for COVID as well. Since 5/5, we’ve had seven positive team members and 13 positive residents. Please exercise caution if you feel the need to visit your loved one. If you visit you must wear a mask and if visiting a COVID positive resident you will need to stop at the nurses station for further instructions.
- 5/8/2023 @ 12:05pm – After completing our outbreak testing we had one additional team member and nine additional residents test positive for COVID. We have suspended communal dining and communal activities at this time. We’ve contacted ICAP and was advised to quarantine residents with positive roommates and if residents who are negative can wear a mask and social distance then they will be allowed to come out of their rooms. We will also complete outbreak testing on staff and residents on 5/9/2023 and another before the end of the week. Please check with the website for updates. You can also call if you have any questions or concerns. THANK YOU!
- 5/6/2023 @ 4:48pm – We had a team member test positive for COVID on 5/5/2023 and then had a resident test positive today. Both of these individuals are on the nursing home side. We will complete outbreak testing on 5/7/2023.
- 5/3/2023 @ 11:36am – No positive cases of COVID amongst residents or staff this week! Burt County is currently in BLUE and considered low transmission. Therefore, masking is optional at the facility. Please continue to practice hand hygiene and social distancing from other residents while visiting. THANK YOU! 🙂
- 4/26/2023 @ 4:38pm – No positive cases of COVID amongst residents or staff this past week. We remain in RED for county transmission so we must still wear a mask when visiting.
- 4/19/2023 @ 5:03pm – There have been no positive cases of COVID amongst our residents or team members this past week. The nursing home and assisted living remain in RED which means we still must wear a mask when visiting. We will review the CDC tracker each week to determine what color we are in. As a reminder, if we are in RED we must wear a mask when visiting Oakland Heights. Should the transmission rate (not the community level) drop below RED we will look at discontinuing the mask requirement. If you have any questions do not hesitate to call Oakland Heights at 402-685-5683. Thank you!
- 4/12/2023 @ 10:48am – We completed another round of outbreak testing in our assisted living yesterday and there were no additional positives amongst team members or residents. We do not have any positive cases of COVID in our nursing home at this time. Burt County is HIGH transmission rate so please wear a MASK when visiting Oakland Heights. Thank you!
- 4/7/2023 @ 11:34am – We had a positive resident in our assisted living this morning. We will follow the outbreak testing procedures and inform you of any additional positives here on our website. Our nursing home outbreak testing was completed yesterday and there are no positive residents or staff members at this time. If you have any questions pertaining to steps in this process or concerns about COVID, please contact the facility and ask to speak with Kaylee Magill, Director of Nursing or David Deemer, Administrator. 402-685-5683 Thank you all for your support and have a Happy Easter!!
- 4/6/2023 @ 10:01am – We completed our outbreak testing today and there were no additional positive cases of COVID amongst our staff or residents. Effective 4/7/2023, we will no longer have anyone in isolation. Please make sure to adhere to the current county transmission and mask compliance which is found on the front door of both our nursing home and assisted living.
- 3/30/2023 @ 3:22pm – We completed outbreak testing today which resulted in no additional positive cases of COVID amongst staff or residents. We will continue outbreak testing next week and update you on those results.
- 3/27/2023 @12:35pm – We had a resident in our nursing home test positive today for COVID. We will continue to test anyone who is symptomatic and per our policy on outbreak testing. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the facility at 402-685-5683.
- 3/26/2023 @ 6:44pm – We had two additional team members at the nursing home test positive on 3/25. We continue to test per contact tracing and will provide additional follow up on Monday, 3/27/2023.
- 3/25/2023 @4:23pm – We had a team member test positive yesterday on the nursing home side. We’ve completed our contact tracing and will test those staff members and residents who would’ve come in contact with this employee. We will test all residents on Monday, 3/27 per outbreak testing.
- 3/22/2023 @ 1:19pm – No additional positive tests amongst our residents or staff. We will test again on Friday, 3/24 as part of our outbreak testing.
- 3/16/2023 @ 9:37am – We had a resident test positive for COVID this morning. The resident will remain in isolation per policy until it’s determined safe to come out. We completed the contact tracing and will test accordingly. Should you have any questions, please contact the facility at 402-685-5683 and ask for David, Administrator.
- 3/15/2023 @ 10:45am – No positive cases amongst our residents or staff at Oakland Heights Nursing Home OR Assisted Living. Burt County is RED transmission. Therefore, please wear a mask when visiting the facilities. Thank you for your cooperation.
- 3/8/2023 @ 10:50am – There were no positive cases of COVID in our nursing home or assisted living this past week. Burt County remains in RED transmission. Therefore, please wear a mask when visiting the facility.
- 3/2/2023 @ 10:03am – There were no positive cases of Covid in our nursing home or assisted living. Burt County remains in RED transmission which means you will need to wear a mask when you come to the facility. Thank you
- 2/20/2023 @ 1:03PM – There were no positive cases of COVID during outbreak testing today.
- 2/16/2023 @ 10:06am – We completed outbreak testing again today and no additional team members or residents were positive in our nursing home. Should you have any questions or concerns please call the facility at 402-685-5683.
- 2/13/2023 @ 10:33am – We were made aware of a positive team member at Oakland Heights Nursing Home on 2/12/2023. This team member potentially exposed some of the residents so we will be doing outbreak testing on 2/13/23 and 2/16/23. We will keep you informed of any additional positive cases. Should you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact the facility and ask to speak with Christina, Director of Nursing, Paige Knauss, Assistant Director of Nursing OR David Deemer, Administrator.
- 2/8/2023 – There were no positive cases of COVID amongst our residents or team members this past week.
- 2/1/2023 – No positive cases of COVID with our team members or residents this past week.
- 1/25/2023 – There were no positive team members or residents this past week.
- 1/18/2023 – There were no positive team members or residents at Oakland Heights Nursing Home and Assisted Living. Have a great rest of your week!
- 1/10/2023 – We had one positive team members at Oakland Heights Nursing Home. This employee was off for the weekend and did not work on Monday. There was no positive exposure to any other staff members or residents with this employee. Oakland Heights Assisted Living did not have any positive residents or team members this past week. We will keep you updated with any additional information here on the website. Thank you and have a great week!
- 1/4/2023 – We’ve completed 1 week of outbreak testing and no additional positive residents or staff were identified. Oakland Heights assisted living does not have any positive residents or staff as well.